The team were very excited to get the new chassis back to the workshop today. It has taken shape amazingly quickly over the last week at Formet’s factory in St. Neots. The Aluminium space-frame structure weighs only 18kg – an improvement of 9kg from Affinity’s steel chassis. This puts the team on track to achieve a vehicle weight of around 174kg. Well done Charlie! Only…two-ish months behind schedule – surely a new record for speedy completion!
@cuerSolarTeam Twitter feed
- Having a barbecue to celebrate the final week or the Summer Design Team #britishsummer #lookingforward http://t.co/QrmF3VCjla
- @3DSJess Thanks, the Summer Design Team has been very productive and we are on track for a positive start to the academic year :)
- @3DSJess sure, what's the address? first class ok? :P
- Adam's excellent cake for the last official week of the Summer Design Team! #yum #topnotch #chocolatelovers http://t.co/yF3UjfP8BI
- Steering wheel quick release fastener has just arrived! Thank you SPA Design for the great deal! http://t.co/1jr4RH8Qel