The team were very excited to get the new chassis back to the workshop today. It has taken shape amazingly quickly over the last week at Formet’s factory in St. Neots. The Aluminium space-frame structure weighs only 18kg – an improvement of 9kg from Affinity’s steel chassis. This puts the team on track to achieve a vehicle weight of around 174kg. Well done Charlie! Only…two-ish months behind schedule – surely a new record for speedy completion!
@cuerSolarTeam Twitter feed
- CUER at TEDx in Cambridge! #TEDTalks http://t.co/gNHl1f9olN
- Yesterday we were visited by the Cambridge Philosophical Society! Interesting discussions ensued http://t.co/nzUg8uxXS2
- A fresher tells us a little about joining CUER and building the new suspension system. Enjoy! http://t.co/s0Wp88Cqfj
- If you enjoyed our recent blog posts, read some more ideas to encourage students into engineering here: http://t.co/eXEQCTjfNw
- We met a fair few budding engineers at the @eLuminateFest. One came back to us with his own design for the new car. http://t.co/gHroPOwY9f