The team were very excited to get the new chassis back to the workshop today. It has taken shape amazingly quickly over the last week at Formet’s factory in St. Neots. The Aluminium space-frame structure weighs only 18kg – an improvement of 9kg from Affinity’s steel chassis. This puts the team on track to achieve a vehicle weight of around 174kg. Well done Charlie! Only…two-ish months behind schedule – surely a new record for speedy completion!
@cuerSolarTeam Twitter feed
- We journeyed across the outback, taking in the sights and lending a hand to other teams, before finishing in Adelaide http://t.co/i2K7efKu2k
- Further stability issues were discovered and we had to withdraw. But we pressed on to test the solar performance. http://t.co/QibKX6aMwW
- Thanks for having us @UTC_Cambridge this weekend, we loved meeting the prospective students and promoting STEM study! http://t.co/f2cqAVvSxv
- An accident occurred in which the driver was unharmed but the team managed to repair Resolution for Scrutineering http://t.co/XEXRmkNXMe
- We took to the roads to test Resolution in action! Results gave us hope for a strong performance to come http://t.co/YlSbLh0Ovc